I love to read. Every year I set myself a challenge to read at least 12 books and I always complete it. For my 2019 reading challenge I’ve decided to do things a little differently. I’ve made my own reading challenge. I’ve seen lots of reading challenges online, but they’ve always contained one or more thing subject that has put me off of taking part. So this one appeals to all the things I like and I thought I would share it with you.
I tend to buy most of my books on Amazon because it usually has the best prices, but nothing beats wandering around a bookshop. I find the displays often give me inspiration if I’m not sure what I want to read next. Another great place for reading inspiration is Goodreads – this is where I usually take part in a yearly reading challenge.
This post contains Amazon Affiliate links. There is no extra cost to you if you click on the link and make a purchase, but I will earn a small commission.
As a huge fan of The Gilmore Girls, I have wanted to push myself to read Rory’s reading list, but I still haven’t gotten round to doing it. So I’ve decided to include Rory’s list in my reading challenge.
Scroll down for a printable version.
2019 Reading Challenge
- Your favourite childhood book
- A book with a strong female character
- A book you read in school
- A book that will make you cry
- A book to help you improve yourself
- A memoir
- A book with food in the title
- A book adapted for t.v
- A YA book
- A book you’ve had for ages but not gotten round to reading
- A book written 100 years ago
- A book written by a celebrity
- A book published last year
- A book that will scare you
- A book that will make you laugh
- A book you saw somebody else reading
- A book that is the first in a series
- A book published in the year you were born
- A book about travel
- An award winning book
- A book read by Rory Gilmore
- A book that your friend has read
- A ‘classic’
- A Christmas book
- A book set in a city that you want to visit
I would love it if you uploaded a picture of the latest book you’re reading to Instagram and tag me in it (@memories_and_mayhem) so I can see what you’re reading.
Don’t forget to print your free copy of the challenge!